There is a wealth of useful free resources available for teachers on the Internet. They can be used for whole-class activities, independent study tools, and for other learning benefits. Please visit the following recommended websites.
Sites for All Ages/Grade Levels
- Scholastic Technology Tools - A wonderful webpage with templates for flashcards and rubrics. and online skill builder activities. Also includes fantastic lesson plans for elementary, middle, and high school age students.
- Teaching with Technology - A wiki with links to websites with tools that can be effective for integrating technology in the classroom.
- BrainPOP - BrainPOP creates animated, curriculum-based content that supports educators and engages students.
- Photo Peach - Create a free account and design slideshows using your favorite photos and music.
- Teacherlinx - A place where teachers can create lesson plans and share lesson plans with each other. Teacherlinx provides a platform on which teachers can find lesson plans for a variety of content areas and grade levels.
- Sweet Search - Sweet Search is a free custom search engine for students that searches over 35,000 Web sites that have been evaluated by the company for their academic and journalistic rigor. Here are some examples of their search results: Shakespeare; War of 1812; Biographies (you can add category filters to modify this search).
- All My Faves - A portal site with links to various websites in different categories such as academics, blogs, history, or music.
- NaturalReader - NaturalReader is a Text to Speech software with natural sounding voices. This easy to use software can convert any written text such as MS Word, Webpage, PDF files, and Emails into spoken words.
- JudyPhelps.net - A list of links and resources, mainly for students with Autism, physical disabilities, or multiple disabilities, collected by Judy Phelps, a school-based occupational therapist.
Sites for Grades K-6
- 4Teachers - Awesome site to help teachers integrate technology! Has free tools including quiz makers, online academic games, and an instructional video production webpage.
- Gamequarium - Online games, e-books, and activities for kids.
- Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators - Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators is a categorized list of sites useful for enhancing curriculum and professional growth. It is updated often to include the best sites for teaching and learning.
- Windows to the Universe - An excellent science website with features such as a journal tool, and a separate page with teacher resources.
Sites for Grades 7-8
- Sound and Music Resources - A wiki with links to various websites that allow the user to create his or her own musical compositions.
Sites for Grades 9-12
- HippoCampus - HippoCampus is a project of the Monterey Institute for Technology and Education (MITE). The goal of HippoCampus is to provide high-quality, multimedia content on general education subjects to high school and college students free of charge.
- Quizlet - Quizlet allows you to browse and use millions of flashcards created by other students and teachers. You can also sign up for free and create your own sets of flashcards to study and share with friends.