Degrees and Certifications:
*Bachelor of Science for teaching students with Cognitive Impairments and a minor in Elementary education from Eastern Michigan University. *Masters Degree for teaching students with Emotional Impairments from Eastern Michigan University.
Welcome to Room 29 at Webster Elementary!
This year we have third and fourth grade students with moderate cognitive impairments in our classroom.
I am extremely happy to announce that Mrs. Amy Rico and Mrs. Fatbardha Kadiu will be our classroom paraprofessionals this school year! This will be Mrs. Rico's third year with me and Mrs. Kadiu is returning to my classroom after 3 years with Mr. Waling's class! We make a lovely team and I am just ecstatic that we get to continue to build our team's strength!
A little about me...
1. I have my bachelors degree in special education focusing on cognitive impairments and a master's in emotional impairments.
2. This is my 9th year of teaching students with special needs; my 5th year in Livonia public schools and at Webster!
3. I live in Livonia with my husband, Sam; our daughter, Estelle;and our corgi-mix, Cinnamon.
4. My favorite animal is the hippopotamus and my husband proposed to me in front of Fiona the hippo at the Cincinnati zoo.
5. I gave birth to our daughter in the height of the pandemic which was absolutely crazy and nothing like I would have expected. However, I am grateful for the extra time I had at home with her due to the stay-at-home order.
We are looking forward to another fun and exciting school year! I cannot wait to see you all soon!