Boy's Wrestling 2019-2020
Sign Up Day - Wednesday, December 12: You Must have a physical turned in by this day or bring one with you. You also must provide a printed copy of your grades.
First Day of Practice/Tryouts -Monday, Jan. 13, Immediately after school in the AUX. Gym.
There will be one team composed of both 7th and 8th graders (30 wrestlers max).
- All meets start at 4:00
- For away meets, all team members will ride the bus to the meet and ride back to Frost at the conclusion of the meet (should be back to Frost by approximately 6:00, depending on traffic and location and # of matches)
- Tryouts start on Monday, January 13th . at 2:55 in the AUX. gym. The number of practice days devoted to tryouts will depend on the number of students who try out and how many days the coaches feel they will need. Expect at least 2-3 days for tryouts.
- All tryouts/practices take place from 2:55-5:00 on Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs. There may be times when a Thursday practice is needed. There are no games or practices on half-days, shortened days, or days when school is not in session.
- Pick up Times
- Players must be picked up promptly after practice (5:00) and meets.
- Late pick-ups may result in dismissal from the team.
- Pay to Participate Fee
- There is a one-time fee of $150 to participate in Livonia Middle School Sports. This fee will be due after tryouts are completed. You will not have to pay the fee if you have already paid for a previous sport at Frost this year
- Hair Length
- There are strict requirements for allowable hair length for wrestling:
- No facial hair
- The hair cannot extend below the top of an ordinary shirt collar in the back. On the sides, the hair cannot extend below the earlobes.
- Excessive hair length is allowable if a legal hair covering is used. You must see your coach for info on legal hair coverings.
- If you have braces on your teeth, you are required to wear a mouthgaurd.
Even though games do not start until 4:00 athletes will not go home befoer the games. For home games the girls will help get the gym ready and warm up. For away games all athletes will ride the bus to their game. There will be a return bus from all away games but parents are welcome to take their child home from the event if it is more convinent for you.