Degrees and Certifications:
Patrick A. Daugherty
My name is Patrick A. Daugherty and I have been teaching physical education for 17 years. All in Livonia Public Schools. I have a teaching certificate in K-12 Physical Education and masters degree in Eucational Leadership from from Eastern MIchigan University. In Livonia, I have taught at the following schools: Churchill High School, Webster, Hoover, Taylor, Johnson, Garfield, Buchanan, Hayes, Cleveland, Cass elementaries, and previously at Cooper in 2011. I am the head coach of the men's & women's cross country teams, as well assistant coach the track and field team for both men's and women's at Madonna University.
Dear Cooper Parents,
Welcome back!! As your physical education teacher at Cooper Upper Elementary, I am looking forward to your child's participation in our physical education program. Livonia Public Schools physical education curriculum emphasizes a well-rounded sequence of development. It encourages and promotes growth in the physical, mental, social, and emotional health of each child. In order for students to gain the most benefit from this program and to ensure their safety, we are asking that your child follow these rules:
- Gym shoes must be worn at all times during physical education class. Make sure you know which day your child will attend class.
- Clothing should be worn that allows for freedom of movement and is appropriate for play.
- Candy, gum, food, or drink will not be allowed in physical education class.
- A medical note must be provided by a doctor or parent to excuse participation.
- No jewelry allowed except for post earrings and medical tags.
Students will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Fundamental Skills: Demonstrate appropriate motor skills, fitness skills, and/or object control skills.
- Participation: Demonstrate best effort individually and in groups during physical activity.
- Behavior: Listens, follows direction and behaves appropriately.
Please provide me with any medical issues/ information based on periodic medical examinations, to avoid unnecessary risks while participating in physical education class.
I am looking forward to working with your child and supporting him/ her in achieving a lifetime of fun and fitness. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.