Save on college tuition and save time with CLEP Exams!
CLEP is becoming a viable option for high school students to earn college credit prior to college enrollment. CLEP (College-Level Examination Program) was created to help individuals with prior knowledge in a college course subject earn their degree efficiently and inexpensively. That prior learning could have taken place through advanced high school courses, independent reading and study, online courseware or textbooks, noncredit courses, or on-the-job training. CLEP offers 34 Exams that cover intro-level college course material. With a passing score on one CLEP exam, you could earn three or more college credits at more than 2,900 U.S. colleges and universities. CLEP is an excellent option for students who are willing to study on their own and prove the knowledge gained.
Key CLEP Facts:
- Students take CLEP exams on a computer at official CLEP test centers (Schoolcraft is a CLEP test center)
- CLEP exams contain multiple-choice questions
- CLEP exams take about 90–120 minutes to complete, depending on the exam subject
- CLEP exams are offered year-round at more than 2,000 CLEP test centers across the country.
- Students receive their CLEP exam scores immediately after completing the exam (except for College Composition and Spanish with Writing)
- More than 2,900 U.S. colleges and universities grant credit for CLEP
CLEP Official Study Guide
Developed and published by the College Board, this guide is the official study resource for all 34 CLEP exams. It includes practice questions for all exams, exam descriptions, information on getting credit for CLEP, and test-taking tips and strategies. The CLEP Official Study Guide is available in the Churchill CIC (Counseling Office) and the Library Media Center for anyone who would like to peruse it.
Free Online CLEP Courses
Through the Modern States' Freshman Year for Free program, you can sign up for a free online CLEP course! Modern States is a nonprofit education alliance dedicated to college access for all, and its Freshman Year for Free program helps students earn up to one year of college credit without tuition or textbook expenses.
Modern States offers more than 30 high-quality CLEP courses taught by some of the world’s leading universities and professors. Each course is aligned to a CLEP subject and includes online lectures, quizzes, tests, and other features. Textbooks and materials are also provided online, free of charge.
Visit the Modern States website to sign up for a free CLEP course.