Full-day 2020-21 kindergarten registration is now open!
Kindergartners must be five years old by September 1, 2020.
How to register your student:
- Gather all required documentation. ALL required documentation must be presented in order to register your student(s). (The eye exam requirement is typically performed at the 4 year well check. A print-out from your child's doctor is sufficient documentation.)
- Complete and print the registration packet. (If you are not able to print the packet, you may pick one up from your child's school.)
- Visit your child's school to complete registration between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Be sure to bring all documentation gathered in steps 1 & 2. (Any specific instructions regarding your student pursuant to a court order must be accompanied by the court order upon registration.)
If you are uncertain which school your child will attend, please contact the Communications Office at 734-744-2522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your address when leaving a voice message or email.
Parent Information Meetings
A parent information meeting will be held at each K-4 building on March 5, 2020 from 6-7 p.m. Parents will be able to meet the building administrator and hear more information about the kindergarten program. Parents should attend the meeting at their child's assigned school. Registrations will be accepted at this meeting for any parent who brings the required documents.
Kindergarten Student Orientation meetings
- June 2: Students assigned to Buchanan, Cleveland, Grant, Hayes, and Randolph
- June 4: Students assigned to Coolidge, Hoover, Kennedy, Roosevelt, and Rosedale
(Individual school times will be communicated to parents at registration.)
Our Young Fives program is open to five-year-olds not yet ready for kindergarten. An information meeting will be held for parents on March 19, 2020 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. at Jackson Center. Registration for Young Fives begins on March 26. Registration will be accepted from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the Administration Building (15125 Farmingon Rd.) on March 26, and from 1-4 p.m. at Jackson Center. Beginning on March 27, all registration will take place at Jackson. More information about Young Fives can be found HERE.
Before- and After-School Child Care
If you require School Age Child Care (SACC) before or after the school day, please contact Jackie Beitz at (734) 744-2813, ext. 22130 to inquire about availability. More information on the SACC program can be found HERE.
For the 2020-21 School Year, the entry date cut-off for a child entering kindergarten is September 1, 2020. A child who resides in the Livonia Public Schools attendance area may be enrolled in kindergarten if he/she is at least 5 years of age by September 1, 2020.
Parents of a child with a birth date after September 1, but before December 1, 2020 may request early entry for enrollment.
Please request the early entry form upon registration at your child’s school, or download and print the form HERE.