Some of our families have requested that we inform them of school supplies that will be used in our classroom this year. These are suggestions and should not be considered requirements. All of our students have access to the supplies used in the classroom. However, some students prefer to have their own supplies at hand instead of sharing with others. In this spirit, I provide the following list:
Pencil Sharpener (must hold shavings)
Folders or accordian file
Plastic Sturdy Take Home Folder
Dry Erase Markers Earbuds (labeled in a baggie, must be left at school)
12 inch Ruler
Students may prefer to have their own copy of Edward’s Eyes (Patricia MacLachlan), Wonder (R.J. Palacio), and Number the Stars (Lois Lowry). We use these books for many lessons.
Donations of disinfecting wipes, tissue, hand sanitizer and paper towel are also appreciated. Thank you!
- Trapper Keepers are not allowed due to limited space.
- Backpacks on wheels do not fit in the lockers.
- Please label all belongings with your child's name.
- Our desks and tables do not have storage. Student belongings will be stored in their lockers and transported between classrooms in their string backpack.
- You may want to consider items such as a locker shelf or magazine storage bin to keep floppy notebooks organized in your child’s locker.. It also helps to maximize locker space.
Please label everything (including coats, lunchboxes, etc.). We look forward to seeing you at Riley!