The core curriculum at each grade level is based on K-12 exit goals. The curriculum includes shared goals spanning all subject areas and specific goals. Our curriculum is designed to prepare students for the 21st century. Our instructional staff continuously align their classroom instruction to the goals of the core curriculum.
- Apply health promotion and disease prevention concepts and principles to personal, family, and community health issues.
- Access valid health information and appropriate health promoting products and services.
- Practice health enhancing behavior and reduce health risks.
- Analyze the influence of cultural beliefs, media, and technology on health.
- Use goal-setting and decision-making skills to enhance health.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication and other social skills which enhance health.
- Demonstrate advocacy skills for enhanced personal, family, and community health.
Student Goals Shared by all Content Areas
All subject areas must provide learning experiences which enable students to:
- Respect self, others, and the environment.
- Communicate effectively.
- Know how to learn and work productively.
- Acquire and process information.
- Use critical and creative thinking to make decisions and solve problems.
- Work and participate independently and cooperatively.
- Acquire a core of understandings and competencies within the content areas.