Welcome to Digitech!
Build a PowerPoint Maze
Work on Scratch Tutorials
> Login with Google Account
> Create > Tutorials
PLTW Website Login (Complete the following on the pages of the orange notebook)
> Activity 1.1 - The Brain
1. Watch Unit Introduction Video
2. Define Terms (Physical Computing, Computer Science, Program, Bluetooth, Interference)
3. Draw and label parts of Microcontroller
> Activity 1.2 - What to Do
1. Watch Algorithmic Thinking Video
2. Define Terms (Algorithmic Thinking, Flowchart, Decomposing, Conditional Statements)
3. Create a Linear Flowchart for Brushing Your Teeth
> Activity 1.1 - How to Do It
1. Follow link to Microbit Coding
2. Define Terms (Algorithms, Program, LED, Microcontroller, Block-Based Programming)
3. Complete and fill in answers for Scavenger hunt (a. - n.)
4. Draw a Flowchart for the "Blink" program
5. With Partner, Write Program for "Blink" in Block Code
6. With Partner, Upload Program "Blink" to Microcontroller
7. Upload A1_3 Innovator.hex
8. Write Descrition of program
1. Watch this video about the Inventor's Mindset with the class.
2. Work on the Invention Worksheet (Printed copy will be distributed)
> This will help with writing about your invention later
> Make sure to elaborate (write a lot) in each box.
> Draw a simple sketch of each idea
3. Use your PLTW notebooks to elaborate on your idea if you still have time.
4. Turn your worksheets in!