Regarding Fall 2020 Athletic Tryouts-Livonia Public SchoolsFall 2020 Athletic Tryouts and Participation for all student-athletes at the secondary level (grades 7-12) are on hold for the season scheduled to begin in August 2020.The District will hope to provide further information concerning Fall 2020 Athletics, once the Governor of the State of Michigan and the Michigan High School Athletic Association have made formal announcements pertaining to the future direction of Secondary Athletics.Should further information become available, we will publish it accordingly. Thank you.
SHS Athletic Department Information
Athletic Director: Lori Hyman, C.M.A.A.
Certified Master Athletic Administrator
Phone: (734) 744-2660, ext. 48994
From the Desk of the Athletic Director
Athletic Secretary: Cheryl Ebben
Phone: (734) 744-2660 ext. 48916
Fax: (734) 744-2828
Athletic Trainer: Erin Pavlovich
Colors: Double Blue (Columbia and Navy) and White
Football/Soccer Stadium: Lester C. Anders Field (dedicated 1967)
Competition Gym: Jay W. Formsma Memorial Gymnasium (dedicated 1973)
Due to the Executive Order closing all school buildings for the remainder of the school year,
we have made the difficult decision that All SHS Summer Camps and Clinics for 2020 will be canceled.
All registration monies that have already been submitted shall be refunded.
We thank you for your understanding.
2020 Nick Collins Memorial Scholarship
2020 NICK COLLINS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Nick Collins Memorial Scholarship Fund has been established to honor Nick, a 2011 Stevenson graduate, who passed away in May of 2012. Nick was a 4-year member of both the golf and football programs.
AWARD: Four $2,000 Scholarships
ELIGIBILITY: A senior student-athlete graduating from Stevenson High School
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 and have been accepted by a university, four-year college, community college, or vocational training center.
DEADLINE: Wednesday, April 15th, 2020
APPLICATION PACKET: Click here for further details.Nick Collins Scholarship Update (March 31, 2020):The deadline has been extended to Wednesday, April 15th, 2020. Four (4) $2,000 scholarship will still be awarded and the application is available on the Stevenson website Guidance section under Scholarships.If you have a prior letter of recommendation please submit it, but it is NOT being required at this time. Also if you can print a copy of your transcript from your Parchment account please submit that as well, but it is NOT required. If you do not submit a transcript then record your GPA on your application.Mail the completed application to Jim Omietanski 37115 Bennett St, Livonia MI 48152If you have any questions regarding this scholarship please email Ms. Wozniak, Counselor at lwozniak@livoniapublicschools.
Pay to Participate: 2019-20
ANNUAL FEE OF $350 COVERS AN ATHLETE FOR ONE OR MORE SPORTS DURING A SCHOOL YEAR
The $350 Pay to Participate fee needs to be paid online (see the instructions for Pay Schools on the athletic website). Online payments are the only method of payment the Livonia Public Schools will accept.
- If an athlete qualified for Free Lunch last year, the fee is $100. However, they must reapply through the Free Lunch Program annually. If status changes, the balance will be collected.
- If an athlete qualified for Reduced Lunch last year, the fee is $175. They, too, must reapply through the Free Lunch Program annually. If the status changes, the balance will be collected.
- There will be NO payment plans set up by the athletic department. Payment plans can only be achieved by going online, using Pay Schools via a credit card, and paying off your credit card.
- Coaches may require the PTP fee to be paid prior to giving out equipment/uniforms.
- An athlete must pay the fee in order to play in the first scrimmage or contest.
- The LPS District-wide financial cap (grades 7-12th) is $700 per family.
Links for Payschools Online Payment for Athletic Fees
For individuals who do not qualify for government assistance based on documents submitted to the LPS Food Services Program
For individuals who qualify for Reduced Lunches based on documents submitted to the LPS Food Services Program
For individuals who qualify for Free Lunches based on documents submitted to the LPS Food Services Program
Files and Forms
- Current LPS Physical Form
- SHS Coaches Directory
- SHS Athletics FAQ
- SHS Fitness Center Usage Guidelines
- Team Fundraising Guidelines
- Fundraising Application Form
- SHS Letter Jacket Guidelines
- LPS Self-Disclosure Policy
- SHS Heat Index Policy
- SHS Athletic Injury Protocol
- SHS Buy-a-Brick Order Form
- MHSAA Scholar-Athlete Information
- SHS Athletics Quick Reference Guide
- SHS Football 2020 Schedule (Homecoming 10/23/20 vs. Crossover)