Welcome to the Livonia Career Technical Center
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Livonia Career Technical Center. We look forward to providing you with an exceptionally positive and productive learning environment. The time that is spent in high school will be among the most memorable of your lives, and it is the desire of the Career Center staff to assist you in every possible way to assure a successful and memorable educational experience. At the Livonia Career Technical Center we provide a comprehensive array of educational programs for over 800 students from the Livonia Public Schools and surrounding districts. I hope you will take the time to explore our website to see if any of our programs would be beneficial to you.
Students have the opportunity to gain experience in their career choice. Opportunities for field trips, guest speakers, interactive distance learning, on-line instruction, technology representative of the industry, internships, leadership and service learning projects are part of the rich curriculum that students will experience.
Our courses have business partners who validate the current status of the industry and advise as to the technology and curriculum incorporated in the program.
All students attending the Career Center have a rich opportunity to learn about a chosen career. For over 40 years, our students have graduated and continued on in their career path. We are proud of our alumni. We follow-up on each of our graduates. Each spring, after the students graduate, we contact them so that we can obtain feedback on the education they received at the Career Center.
As a staff, we are proud of the Career Technical Center. We encourage anyone who is interested to seek further information from their high school counselor.
8985 Newburgh Rd.
Livonia, MI 48150
The mission of the Livonia Career Technical Center is to prepare students for careers in a rapidly changing technological society and to develop a foundation for post-secondary education and life-long learning.
School Improvement Goals
- All students will identify the main idea of a written text.
- All students will achieve completer status at the end of their CTE class.
- All students will demonstrate a program-specific math competency.
Livonia Career/Technical Center is a an accredited school by AdvancedED. Accreditation is a voluntary improvement plan focusing on increasing student performance. We are evaluated by an outside group of professionals to meet quality standards every year.
Points of Pride
The Livonia Career Technical Center (LCTC) has so much to be proud of!! Here are some of the Points of Pride that we would like to share:
- LCTC has provided career technical education for over 40 years to Livonia high school students.
- Students have been awarded State of Michigan honors in career technical student organization competitions.
- State competition winners have moved on to the national level for competition in their subject area.
- Each program has a business advisory that meets with the instructor to discuss curriculum, equipment, career pathways to college, and the job market today.
- Our teachers have worked in the industry they now teach. All of our teachers have industry credentials.
- Programs engage the learner with activities that are "hands on".
- We provide an environment for learning that is positive and business oriented.
- Our class size is 25-30 students