Degrees and Certifications:
*Bachelor of Science for teaching students with Cognitive Impairments and a minor in Elementary education from Eastern Michigan University. *Masters Degree for teaching students with Emotional Impairments from Eastern Michigan University.
Welcome to Room 29 at Webster Elementary!
This year we have second and third grade students with moderate cognitive impairments in our classroom.
I am extremely happy to announce that Mrs. Amy Rico and Ms. Nicole Owens will be our classroom paraprofessionals again this school year! This will be Mrs. Rico's second year with me and Ms. Owens' third year (in February)! We make a lovely team and I am just ecstatic that we get to continue to build our team's strength! Mrs. Sahela Shabnam (Mrs. S) is another paraprofessional here at Webster who with be spending part of her day with our class and the other part with a student in the ACAT program. She was with my class two years ago and I am very excited that she will be getting to join us this year as her schedule allows.
A little about me...
1. I have my bachelor's in special education focusing on cognitive impairments and a master's in emotional impairments.
2. This is my 8th year of teaching students with special needs; my 4th year in Livonia public schools and at Webster!
3. I live in Livonia with my husband, Sam, and our corgi-mix, Cinnamon.
4. My favorite animal is the hippopotamus and my husband proposed to me in front of Fiona the hippo at the Cincinnati zoo.
5. I do not have children of my own yet but I love to tell people that "I have twelve a year". I consider my students 'my children'! If your child participates in any sports or activities outside of school that I can come and watch, please invite me! I would love to attend!
We are looking forward to another fun and exciting school year! I cannot wait to see you all soon!