Degrees and Certifications:
Dear Guardian/Parents (and Students) (MESSAGE: for more information please join the Google Classroom using the class code on the banner found on your child's Google Classroom account)
I am a proud graduate of Eastern Michigan University where I received a Bachelor of Science degree from Eastern Michigan University with teaching endorsements in Social Studies. After student teaching Social Studies and Spanish at Clague Middle School in Ann Arbor, Michigan, I started at Emerson Middle School in January 2019. At Emerson, I have been teaching 7th grade Social Studies, coaching Track and Field and this year I will be coaching Volleyball as well.
Below you will find my classroom expectations and policies. While content differs depending on the course, my expectations and classroom procedures are consistent throughout. By establishing clear communication and understanding between students, parents, and teachers, I assure your children will have an enjoyable and valuable educational experience.
Mr. Wilson’s Classroom Expectations
- Students are to be kind and respectful to all classmates, teachers, and support staff. Negativity, bullying, and vulgarity are not permitted under any circumstances. My classroom is a place of safety, peace, and learning.
- Students are to be in their seats and ready when the bell rings (textbook, paper, pencil, etc.).
- Make-up work is the responsibility of the student. If a student misses class, he or she should contact me in person, by phone, or by email.
- Please refer to the Student handbook for building-level expectations.
As a class, we have reviewed and clarified these expectations and other classroom procedures to make sure all students begin the year with a clear understanding, but please review this information with your children. If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, I am happy to speak with you. Below are some ways to contact me before, during, and after the school day:
- In Person: Feel free to schedule an appointment before/after school or during my planning period 10:05-10:25. I am also typically at school until 6:30 PM or later.
- Email: email@example.com – Email is undoubtedly the best way to contact me, as I am able to check it periodically throughout the school day.
Thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself. I’m looking forward to working with you and your child this school year. Emerson Middle School is an extraordinary place to teach and learn, so undoubtedly the 2019/2021 school year will be great! All the best! Sincerely Mr. Wilson.