Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP)
Welcome to Livonia Public Schools’ Great Start Readiness Program at Garfield Community School!
Livonia Public Schools’ Great Start Readiness Program is a high quality, state-funded, preschool program that focuses on preparing 4-year-olds to be successful in kindergarten and beyond. Developmentally appropriate activities are planned by a qualified teaching team, who are responsive to individual strengths, needs and interests of each student.
- Full day program 4 days/week, M-Th 8:55am-4:00pm
- Highly qualified teaching staff
- Classroom teacher/child ratio 1:8
- Use of state approved curriculum and assessment tools
- Breakfast, school lunch and snacks provided
- Bussing to and from school is available for Livonia residents.
- The child must be 4 years of age by September 1st. Children who turn 4 years of age by December 1st can enroll based on availability.
- Live within Wayne County
- Families must meet income guidelines and/or qualify through additional risk factors.
- Complete the online registration packet.
- Gather the required documents needed to complete the application process. You will be contacted by the GSRP office to schedule an appointment to present these documents.
- There will be other supporting documents that you will need to fill out prior to the start of the school year. These documents will be provided to you when you come in for your appointment.
- If you are unable to complete the online registration, please call 734-744-2715, ext. 17990 to request a paper packet.
For more information regarding eligibility, please give us a call at 734-744-2715 ext. 17990.
Located at Garfield Community School
10218 Arthur St
Livonia, MI 48150
Phone Number: 734-744-2715
Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:15 PM
Program Hours: 8:55 AM - 4:00 PM, M-TH
GSRP Director: Kelsey Rocheleau