Applying to College
Here are some basic tips to get you started. Please feel free to contact your counselor if you need more information.
- Go to the website of the college or university you are applying to and complete the online application. Links to most Michigan colleges can be found HERE.
- Submit your transcript electronically using Parchment.
- SAT and ACT scores must be sent to colleges directly from the testing agency. After you've been admitted, you will need to send your AP Exam scores as well.
- If your application requires a letter of recommendation from a counselor and/or teacher, identify someone who can write on your behalf and allow a minimum of two weeks for the letter to be completed. Fill out the Letter of Recommendation Request form to assist the person writing your letter. (Tip: If you save the file to your computer, you'll be able to complete the form electronically.)
- Churchill's school code is 232359.
For the most current list of college reps visiting Churchill High School, please visit the CHS Counseling Calendar and look for the events marked with an asterisk (*). Permission slips to attend are available in the Career Information Center. Please sign up at least 3 days prior to the college visit you wish to attend.
Michigan Public Universities - Freshman Class Profile 2020
Affording College in Michigan Guidebook
The Affording College in Michigan Guidebook is designed to help high school and college students as they prepare for and complete their postsecondary education. The Guidebook is divided into the following sections:
- Pre-planning and applying for college (getting ready for college, saving and planning, and choosing a college)
- Financial steps to applying for college (applying for financial aid, federal financial aid programs, Michigan financial aid programs administered by SSG, additional financial aid programs and scholarships, and searching for scholarships)
- Directory of Michigan colleges and universities