Applying to College
Here are some basic tips to get you started. Please feel free to contact your counselor if you need more information.
- Go to the website of the college or university you are applying to and complete the online application. Links to most Michigan colleges can be found HERE.
- Submit your transcript electronically using Parchment.
- SAT and ACT scores must be sent to colleges directly from the testing agency. After you've been admitted, you will need to send your AP Exam scores as well.
- If your application requires a letter of recommendation from a counselor and/or teacher, identify someone who knows you well and politely ask if s/he is able to write a letter for you. You may be asked to complete a short survey to help that person craft the best possible letter on your behalf. Understand that many recommenders are writing multiple letters, so you should allow a minimum of two weeks for the letter to be completed.
- Review our Senior Year Tips sheet for some helpful tips.
- Churchill's school code is 232359.
Affording College in Michigan Guidebook
The Affording College in Michigan Guidebook is designed to help high school and college students as they prepare for and complete their postsecondary education. The Guidebook is divided into the following sections:
- Pre-planning and applying for college (getting ready for college, saving and planning, and choosing a college)
- Financial steps to applying for college (applying for financial aid, federal financial aid programs, Michigan financial aid programs administered by SSG, additional financial aid programs and scholarships, and searching for scholarships)
- Directory of Michigan colleges and universities
For the most current list of college reps hosting vitual presentations for LPS students, please visit the CHS Counseling Calendar and look for the events marked with an asterisk (*). Please read the details for any event you hope to attend. Some events require you to register in advance.