Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome back! As your physical education teacher at Hoover Elementary, I am looking forward to your child's participation in our physical education program. Livonia Public Schools physical education curriculum emphasizes a well-rounded sequence of development. It encourages and promotes growth in the physical, mental, social, and emotional health of each child. In order for students to gain the most benefit from this program and to ensure their safety, we are asking that your child follow these rules:
- Gym shoes must be worn at all times during physical education class.
- Clothing should be worn that allows for freedom of movement and is appropriate for play.
- Candy, gum, food, or drink will not be allowed in physical education class.
- A medical note must be provided by a doctor or parent to excuse participation.
Students will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Standard 1: Demonstrate competency in a variety of motor skill and movement patterns.
- Standard 3: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
- Standard 4: Follows rules and procedures while demonstrating responsible behavior that respects self and others.
Please provide me with any medical issues/ information based on periodic medical examinations, to avoid unnecessary risks while participating in physical education class.
I am looking forward to working with your child and supporting him/ her in achieving a lifetime of fun and fitness. Feel free to contact me at Hoover should you have any questions or concerns.