Below are some of the opportunities students have to join clubs other activites this year at Holmes...
Goals for 19-20 School Year:
- Item 'fund' raisers for local shelters - November
- Working on a project with Heifer International to purchase an animal for a 3rd world nation (heifer.org) - December / January
- Winter movie afternoons to watch an animal movie - February
- After school guest speakers: Possibly a local vet, Howell Nature Center - March
- Spring Field Trips - Detroit Zoo, Howell Nature Center - Parent participation a must! - April / May
- Meetings usually the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month; check the Holmes Web site calendar for meeting dates!
For more information, please contact the Animal Club Sponsor, Ms. Sutherland at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Art Club meets in the Art Room on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month from 3:00-4:00pm, except when school is not in session.
The Art Club creates art in a relaxed atmosphere, and is open to all Holmes students.
Please see Mrs. Kowalske in Room 3 for a permission slip.
For more information, please email Linda Kowalske at email@example.com.
We have a very exciting year planned and are happy to be welcoming some new students into the program!
Drama Club meets from 3-4:30pm on Thursdays, beginning 9/19/19, from 3-4:30 and is open to both 7th and 8th grade students.
A $25 donation per student will help our club to run, which can be turned in when Drama Club meets on 9/19 or 9/26, please, NOT to the office. The donation will include a Drama Club t-shirt for each student.
Drama Club has reached it's capacity of 50 students, and registration has closed.
Ski & Snowboard Club
Join the COOLEST club in school! The Holmes Ski & Snowboard Club is planning ski trips in January, February and March! We accept beginners with no ski experience through advanced!
Ski Club packets will be available soon!
For more information on the Ski & Snowboard club, please contact Jim Rumon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Student Senate works in many ways to make Holmes a better school for all students. Students plan, decorate, and work during activity nights, plan spirit days and participate in different charities and community service projects.
Students may join/participate in Student Senate any time duronmg the year. If they are involved in other sports or activities, they can particiapte when their season is over.
Some of the activities that Student Senate plans are:
- Donating and fund raising for local charities
- Assisting recycling efforts at Holmes
- Planning of school spirit days
- Offering assistance to staff members at Holmes
Please check the Holmes Daily Events calendar for meeting dates and times.
We are looking forward to a productive year!
For more information on Student Senate, email John Strzempka at email@example.com.
Washington DC Trip (8th Grade Only)
This year’s Washington DC trip (for 8th grade only) is scheduled for Friday, May 8 through Monday, May 11. Much more information will be available in coming weeks!
Holmes Community Service
Holmes Students are asked to complete two hours of Community service every school year. This is also part of the PTSA's "Youth Making a Difference Program".
Thank you very much for your service!