Emerson Middle School's Cell Phone and Personal Electronics Device Policy:
Emerson staff recognize that cell phones are a desirable and convenient means of communication between parents and their children, especially before and after school. Authorized cell phone use by students is defined below:
- Cell phones, headphones, and earbuds are permitted during breakfast (7:30 AM - 7:50 AM).
- When students are released to their lockers at 7:50 AM, cell phones and earbuds should be “away for the day” (8:00 AM - 2:50 PM). Cell phones and earbuds should not be visible or in use in any school space (classrooms, hallways, main office, counseling office, cafeteria, etc.) during the instructional day. **Wired headphones MAY BE permitted for use in the classroom with classroom Chromebooks; this will be at each teacher’s discretion.
- Students may use their cell phones in the building after dismissal at 2:50 PM.
- AT NO TIME IS IT PERMISSIBLE TO TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS OR VIDEOS IN THE BUILDING.
- Telephones are available in the Main Office should a student need to use one.