Welcome Volunteers! Volunteers have a very positive impact on our school community. We greatly appreciate your gift of time and energy at our school!
Below is a set of guidelines and expectations for volunteers:
- Volunteers must complete an ICHAT before being allowed to volunteer. Click HERE to complete the form.
- From the ICHAT form:
I also agree that while acting as a volunteer or chaperone, I will abide by all Board policies and District guidelines. This includes, but is not limited to:
*Following the sign-in procedures established at each building.
*Wearing proper identification while volunteering.
*Maintaining the confidentiality of each student.
*Reporting all behavior concerns to the lead teacher and/or building principal.
*Refraining from disciplining or touching students in a corrective manner.
*Wearing attire appropriate for a business atmosphere.
- All interactions with staff and students should be professional in nature, with all students being treated impartially.
- Volunteers are invited to the school on a scheduled basis and should not drop-in to volunteer at other times.
- Volunteers are asked to check their email before coming to the school in the case of a last minute cancellation.
- If a volunteer needs to cancel they are asked to call the school office or email the sponsoring staff member.
- Volunteers should enter through the office and sign in, and they will receive identification.
- Volunteers may use the staff bathrooms.
- A volunteer may have access to limited personal information of students.
- Student confidentiality must be maintained (as stated in ICHAT).
- Volunteers should report any concerns only to the lead teacher or building administration.
- Volunteers should never purposely access any student data that is not specifically required for their volunteer role.
- If a volunteer needs to speak with a teacher or counselor who is not the sponsoring staff member, they should follow school protocol and report to the office to request a meeting with a teacher.