Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor's of Science in Physical Education Minor in History
Mr. Mimnaugh or "Mr. M"
Welcome to Physical Education class! I graduated from Madonna University (Go Crusaders!) in 2021 and this is my third year teaching P.E. at Kennedy Elementary. The focus of my physical education class is to provide students with the opportunity to learn and develop skills for a happy and healthy lifestyle. Each lesson highlights the importance of the LPS character traits such as confidence, empathy, grit, and responsibility to help promote growth in the physical, emotional, social, and mental domain. To ensure that each student receives the full benefit from this program, I ask that you and your child please follow these rules:
- Gym shoes must be worn at all times during physical education class. Make sure you know which day your child will attend class.
- Clothing should be worn that allows for freedom of movement and is appropriate for play.
- Candy, gum, food, or drink will not be allowed in physical education class.
- A medical note must be provided by a doctor or parent to excuse participation.
Students will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Fundamental Skills: Demonstrate appropriate motor skills, fitness skills, and/or object control skills.
- Participation: Demonstrate best effort individually and in groups during physical activity.
- Behavior: Listens, follows directions and behaves appropriately.
I am looking forward to working with your child and supporting him/her in achieving a lifetime of fun and fitness. Feel free to contact me at Kennedy with any questions or concerns that you may have.