From Principal Owens
Dear Cleveland Elementary Community,
It is with great honor and excitement that Dr. Shalonda Owens joins the Cleveland community. Dr. Owens comes to us from Cooper Upper Elementary in Livonia.
This school year will be filled with exciting learning opportunities that will meet the individual needs of each student. The staff at Cleveland is very passionate about learning and will greet students daily with a high level of energy and enthusiasm. We are dedicated to providing a safe learning environment in which the individual needs of the students are met through collaboration and innovation. At Cleveland, we strive to instill our passion for high-quality learning into each student!
Dr. Shalonda Owens, Principal
Cleveland Elementary School
Community with Character
Cleveland Elementary uses LPS' Community with Character language at school
What does this mean for your child?
At Cleveland Elementary we practice Community with Character character traits. Students are introduced to activities that will help them learn practical character and life skills that will lead to those positive choices.
They will learn:
Principal: Dr. Shalonda Owens
Secretary: Sandy Shovely
Livonia, MI 48150
School Office Hours: 8:00-4:30
Student Day: 8:55-4:00 (first bell 8:50)
Half Day Dismissal at 12:10
The Cleveland School Community is dedicated to the success of all students. We will provide our students with a safe and nurturing environment to promote student learning and growing each day. Cleveland students will be immersed in real life learning experiences to help foster their growth to become independent learners and responsible citizens. We will collaborate with each other, parents and the community to ensure success for all of our students.
- We believe it is our responsibility to foster the development of independent life-long learners in a safe nurturing environment.
- We believe in collaborating with each other, parents and the community to provide educational and social opportunities to achieve learning goals.
- We believe in providing students with real-life learning experiences.
- We believe we need to teach awareness of and respect for all cultures to prepare students for a diverse world.
- We believe students need to be instructed in technology to increase computer competency in order to compete in today’s world.
- We believe that all students, regardless of ability, socio-economic status, or family dynamics, be provided with various instructional strategies and be afforded the opportunity for educational success.