Young Fives Registration
Registration for the Young Fives program for the 2020-2021 school year will take place online.
- CLICK HERE to complete the online registration form.
- You will be contacted within 2 weeks of your submission to confirm the status of your application.
- Gather the required documents needed to complete registration. You will be contacted in the summer to schedule an appointment to present these documents.
- There will be other supporting documents that you will need to fill out prior to the start of the school year. These documents will be provided to you when you come in for your summer appoiontment.
- Q - I do not live within LPS boundaries. Can I still register?
- A - You may apply, but priority is given to in-district families.
- Q - I require child care for my student. How do I register for this?
- A - You are able to indicate your need for child care on the online registration form. Placement in child care is not guaranteed. Families indicating that they need child care will be contacted to discuss status of their request.
- Q - My child's birthday falls between September 1 and December 1. Is he/she still eligible for Young Fives?
- A - If your child will turn five between September 1 and December 1, 2020, please be sure to complete the age waiver at the end of the online registration packet.
Young Fives Information
Young Fives is designed for students who are eligible for kindergarten, but require more time to further develop their emotional, social, physical, and/or cognitive skills. Children must be 5 years old between July 1 and September 1. Parents have the option of requesting a waiver for enrollment if their child's birthday falls after the September 1st cut-off date but before December 1st. The program is tuition-free, as it is funded by the state. Children attend five days per week in either the AM or PM session for the traditional school year. Participation in Young Fives is by parental choice.
A.M. Young Fives Classes run from 8:00am-11:07am
P.M. Young Fives Classes run from 12:00pm-3:07pm
Young Fives Before- and-After-School Care:
Jackson Center has before- and-after-school care available for the Young Fives program. There is a three day per week minimum use. Please email Yvonne Bouchard with questions.