- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and school that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
SHS PTSA Officers and Committee Chairs 2021-22
President: Darlene Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice President: Madeline Acosta (email@example.com)
Secretary: Angela Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Membership: Michelle Way (email@example.com)
PTSA Display Case (21-22): Karen Martoia and Kathy Pominville
Coat Check: Sally Duffy and Beckie VanHollebeke
Reflections (November): Madeline Acosta
Reflections Theme for 2021-2022 is: "I Will Change the World By…"
Founders Day (February): Shari Davidek
Nominating Committee (March): Madeline Acosta
Staff Appreciation (May): Open
Senior Breakfast (June): Bernadette Dochenetz
Youth Making a Difference: Open
Fran Anderson Scholarship
The Fran Anderson Michigan PTA Scholarship was created as a way to recognize high school seniors who have demonstrated leadership and advocacy skills through participation in PTA. A minimum of one $1,000 scholarship is awarded each year and additional scholarships and/or scholarships of varying amounts are awarded based on available funds.
The late Fran Anderson, past Michigan PTA President, always demonstrated the highest level of advocacy for all children, and her leadership continues to have a positive impact on Michigan PTA. To honor her many years of being a champion for children, the scholarship was named in her honor.
Scholarship recipients are selected by a committee comprised of Michigan PTA Past Presidents based on the following criteria: PTA/PTSA involvement, essay, community service, additional activities, academics, and letters of recommendation.
2021-22 Meeting Dates
Meetings are at 6:30 PM and are held, depending on availability, in the Cafeteria, LMC, or in a classroom.
All are welcome
September 8, 2021
October 6, 2021
November 3, 2021
No Meeting in December
January 5, 2022
February 2, 2022
March 2, 2022
April 6, 2022
May 4, 2022
June 1, 2022
** Dates coincide with the 1st Wednesday of every month once school begins. **