- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and school that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
SHS PTSA Policies and Procedures
SHS PTSA Officers and Committee Chairs 2022-23
President – Nicole Watson (email@example.com)
Vice-President – Dawn Williams
Treasurer – Nicole Dant
Secretary – Crystal DeGuire
Membership - Nicole Dant
PTSA Display Case: Karen Martoia and Kathy Pominville
Coat Check: Sally Duffy
Reflections (November): OPEN
Founders Day (February): Board Members
Nominating Committee (March): OPEN
Staff Appreciation (May): OPEN
Senior Breakfast (June): OPEN
Youth Making a Difference: Nikki Watson
Become a Member Today!
Fran Anderson Scholarship
The Fran Anderson Michigan PTA Scholarship was created as a way to recognize high school seniors who have demonstrated leadership and advocacy skills through participation in PTA. A minimum of one $1,000 scholarship is awarded each year and additional scholarships and/or scholarships of varying amounts are awarded based on available funds.
The late Fran Anderson, past Michigan PTA President, always demonstrated the highest level of advocacy for all children, and her leadership continues to have a positive impact on Michigan PTA. To honor her many years of being a champion for children, the scholarship was named in her honor.
Scholarship recipients are selected by a committee comprised of Michigan PTA Past Presidents based on the following criteria: PTA/PTSA involvement, essay, community service, additional activities, academics, and letters of recommendation.
2022-23 Meeting Dates
Meetings are at 6:30 PM and are held in the Stevenson Community Room (K-15, near the main entrance).
All are welcome
September 7, 2022
October 5, 2022
November 2, 2022
No Meeting in December
January 11, 2023
February 1, 2023
March 1, 2023
April 5, 2023
May 3, 2023
June 7, 2023 (Executive Board only)
** Dates coincide with the 1st Wednesday of every month once school begins. **
SHS Homecoming Special Announcement
Stevenson Homecoming is right around the corner. Get your corsage and/or boutonniere from George's Livonia Garden and they will donate money back to the Stevenson PTSA (please present the flyer at time of purchase.)
Please see this flyer for more details.