- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and school that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
SHS PTSA Officers and Committee Chairs 2020-21
President: Madeline Acosta (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice President: Denise Barry
Secretary: Denise Stein
Treasurer: Anne Spiegle
Membership: Terri Rentis (Rentist@hotmail.com)
Youth Making a Difference:
The Fran Anderson Michigan PTA Scholarship was created as a way to recognize high school seniors who have demonstrated leadership and advocacy skills through participation in PTA. A minimum of one $1,000 scholarship is awarded each year and additional scholarships and/or scholarships of varying amounts are awarded based on available funds.
The late Fran Anderson, past Michigan PTA President, always demonstrated the highest level of advocacy for all children, and her leadership continues to have a positive impact on Michigan PTA. To honor her many years of being a champion for children, the scholarship was named in her honor.
Scholarship recipients are selected by a committee comprised of Michigan PTA Past Presidents based on the following criteria: PTA/PTSA involvement, essay, community service, additional activities, academics, and letters of recommendation.
2020-21 Meeting Dates
Meetings are at 6:30 PM in the Principal's Conference Room
All are welcome
September 9, 2020
October 7, 2020
November 5, 2020
No Meeting in December
January 6, 2021
February 3, 2021
March 3, 2021
April 7, 2021
May 5, 2021
June 2, 2021
** Dates coincide with the 1st Wednesday of every month once school begins. **