- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and school that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
SHS PTSA Officers and Committee Chairs 2023-24
President – Dawn Williams (email@example.com)
Treasurer – Nicole Dant
Membership - Nicole Dant
PTSA Display Case -Karen Martoia
Coat Check: Sally Duffy
Reflections: Andrea Vann
Youth Making a Difference: Nikki Watson
Staff Appreciation: Dawn Williams (co-chair open)
Spree Committee – Nicole Dant
Senior Breakfast: Open
DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion): - Open
Fran Anderson Scholarship
The Fran Anderson Michigan PTA Scholarship was created as a way to recognize high school seniors who have demonstrated leadership and advocacy skills through participation in PTA. A minimum of one $1,000 scholarship is awarded each year and additional scholarships and/or scholarships of varying amounts are awarded based on available funds.
The late Fran Anderson, past Michigan PTA President, always demonstrated the highest level of advocacy for all children, and her leadership continues to have a positive impact on Michigan PTA. To honor her many years of being a champion for children, the scholarship was named in her honor.
Scholarship recipients are selected by a committee comprised of Michigan PTA Past Presidents based on the following criteria: PTA/PTSA involvement, essay, community service, additional activities, academics, and letters of recommendation.