The SHS Counseling Department has created a list of resources that can assist students of all ability levels ranging from staying after with the teacher or a peer tutor, to working on ACT or academic skills prep through the Learning Express Library. Please review the resources below and, as always, please contact your child's counselor so that we can provide additional assistance.
Are you an SHS student who is struggling? What can I do?
- After-school help with teacher! Ask when they are available.
- NHS Drop-In tutoring during lunch (in the Counseling Office) and after school 2:30-3:15 PM (in B-30) on Thursdays. Tutors can provide support in English/Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, and Science.
- World Languages: Tutors/assistance through the teachers
- Homework help websites
- Khan Academy video tutorials in academic topics
- Communicate with the student's counselor to discuss other options!
- Use the SHS Weekly Planner to help keep you organized and on track!