IT careers are exciting, challenging and ever changing. Students will be involved in the design, development, support and management of hardware, software, multimedia and systems integration services.
Students in the Information Technology career pathway will be prepared to pursue careers in the Information Technology field.
- Do you like designing, building or maintaining Web sites and applications?
- Do you enjoy designing graphics and animations?
- Do you enjoy developing design layouts?
- Do you want to learn how to maintain and administer networks?
- Are you interested in testing hardware and software for efficiency, reliability, & compatibility?
- Do you want to design network systems and architecture?
Computer Repair/Computer Security
The curriculum covers the fundamentals of PC technology, networking, and security. Students will learn hands-on technical aspects of the microcomputer, including hardware and software system setup, and troubleshooting with the use of tools, hardware components, as well as hardware and software interfacing. Students will install, configure, upgrade, optimize, and perform preventive maintenance with respect to security using appropriate tools, diagnostic procedures, and troubleshooting techniques.
Mobile Applications & Game Development
grade level: 11-12
This course is project based and will cover fundamentals of game design and coding by following a real-world design and engineering process. Students will create socially useful games and applications for mobile devices and the web. The course emphasizes communication, collaboration and creativity.
- Create 2D games using Construct 3
- Code and design games using Adobe Animate and ActionScript
- Develop a 3D adventure game that is fun and educational using C# and the Unity game design environment.
- Learn to design and code games that leverage mobile-device features, like touch screen, accelerometer, and small screen size. Export and test on mobile devices.
- Gain information about the application submission process and how to market your app
- Build socially useful games and apps that are tangible and shareable.
Prerequisite: Students should possess the following computer skills:
- Ability to navigate windows
- Type 35 words per minute
- Know how to locate saved files, open files, and find files once saved
- Use a mouse (right click/left click)
- Print, copy/paste, basic word processing skills
This course introduces the architecture, structure, functions, components, and models of the Internet and computer networks. The principles of IP addressing and fundamentals of Ethernet concepts, media, and operations are introduced to provide a foundation for the curriculum. By the end of the course, students will be able to build simple LANs, perform basic configurations for routers and switches, and implement IP addressing schemes.
Animation and Web Design
Animation and Web Design 1
Prerequisite: Must have a basic knowledge of Windows (i.e. how to create, save and locate files, and create folders). Basic keyboard and mouse skills: copy/paste, right click/left click.
Students will create design and produce interactive multimedia products and services. Students will be provided a
broad-based foundation for beginning a career in areas such as Animation, Web Design, and Motion Graphics.
Animation and Web Design 2
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Animation, Motion Graphics and Web Design 1.
On the job Training/High School Diploma
- Geek Squad
- Help desk
- Web design
- Tech support
Certificate or Associate Degree
- Entry-level programmer
- Interface designer
- Multimedia artist/animator
- Tech support specialist
Bachelor's Degree or Above
- Software engineer
- Human interaction designer
- Network administrator
- Computer security manager