Track and Field
You must have a physical exam form on file in the Athletic Office in order to participate.
There will be a mandatory student meeting (Google Meet) on March 23 at 2:00 for girls and on March 25 at 2:00 (Google Meet) for boys. The times and link will be sent out via email. Please refer to the Emerson calendar (on the home page) for practice information. All practices are on the track from 3:30-5:00. Monday practices times are 2:45-5:00 for Covid testing.
There will be one boys' team and one girls' team of approximately 80 student each.
All meets start between 3:45-4:00
All athletes have the choice to ride the bus to all meets.
You must have rides ready for pick up at 5:00 on practice days and immediately after meets (approx. 6:30. Please be advised that this time is an estimate, times will vary due to traffic, meet length, location, etc.) Late pick ups may result in removal from the team.
List of Available Events to Participate In
- Field: Long Jump and Shot Put
- Sprints: 70 M, 100 M, 200 M, 400 M
- Distance: 800 M, 1600 M, 3200 M
- Hurdles: 55 M, 200 M
- Relays: 400 M, 800 M, 1600 M, 3200 M
2021 Track Schedule
- Wednesday, April 21: Franklin (Westland) @ Emerson
- Wednesday, April 28: Emerson @ Holmes
- Wednesday, May 5: Frost @ Emerson
- Wednesday, May 12: Emerson @ Adams (Westland)
- Wednesday, May 19: Stevenson (Westland) @ Emerson
- Tuesday, May 25: City Meet @ Emerson