Track and Field
You must have a physical exam form on file in the Athletic Office in order to participate.
There will be a mandatory student meeting (Google Meet) on March 23 at 2:00 for girls and on March 25 at 2:00 (Google Meet) for boys. The times and link will be sent out via email. The girls first day of practice will be April 5 and April 6. The boys first day of practice will be April 7 and April 8. The entire team will be together starting April 12.
There will be one boys' team and one girls' team of approximately 80 student each.
All are from 3:30-5:00, Monday - Thursday. At times there will be a practice on Fridays.
All meets start between 3:45-4:00
All athletes will ride the bus to all meets. If your child can not ride the bus home with the team due to a prior commitment, please notify the coach beforehand, as well as sign in with the coach when you take your child from the meet.
You must have rides ready for pick up at 5:00 on practice days and immediately after meets (approx. 6:30. Please be advised that this time is an estimate, times will vary due to traffic, meet length, location, etc.) Late pick ups may result in removal from the team.
List of Available Events to Participate In
- Field: Long Jump, High Jump, Shot Put
- Sprints: 70 M, 100 M, 200 M, 400 M
- Distance: 800 M, 1600 M, 3200 M
- Hurdles: 55 M, 200 M
- Relays: 400 M, 800 M, 1600 M, 3200 M
2021 Track Schedule
- Wednesday, April 21: Franklin (Westland) @ Emerson
- Wednesday, April 28: Emerson @ Holmes
- Wednesday, May 5: Frost @ Emerson
- Wednesday, May 12: Emerson @ Adams (Westland)
- Wednesday, May 19: Stevenson (Westland) @ Emerson
- Tuesday, May 25: City Meet @ Emerson