Track and Field
You must have a physical exam form on file in the Athletic Office in order to participate.
There will be a mandatory informational meeting on April 2 in the West Gym.
First day of practice is April 13, immediately in the West Gym.
There will be one boys' team and one girls' team of approximately 80 student each.
All practices begin directly after school, and run until 4:30 every Monday - Thursday. At times there will be a practice on Fridays.
All meets start between 3:45-4:00
All athletes will ride the bus to all meets. If your child can not ride the bus home with the team due to a prior commitment, please notify the coach beforehand, as well as sign in with the coach when you take your child from the meet.
You must have rides ready for pick up at 4:30 on practice days and immediately after meets (approx. 6:30. Please be advised that this time is an estimate, times will vary due to traffic, meet length, location, etc.) Late pick ups may result in removal from the team.
List of Available Events to Participate In
- Field: Long Jump, High Jump, Shot Put
- Sprints: 70 M, 100 M, 200 M, 400 M
- Distance: 800 M, 1600 M, 3200 M
- Hurdles: 55 M, 200 M
- Relays: 400 M, 800 M, 1600 M, 3200 M
2020 Track Schedule
- Wednesday, April 22: Emerson @ Frankin (Westland)
- Wednesday, April 29: Holmes @ Emerson
- Wednesday, May 6: McBride (Belleville) @ Emerson
- Wednesday, May 13: Frost @ Emerson
- Wednesday, May 20: Emerson @ Stevenson (Westland)
- Tuesday, May 26: City Meet @ TBD