Athletics News & Information
The Athletic Director will be collecting physicals for the year and passing out information for fall sports. To insure your physical is on file, be sure to give it the Athletic Director only.
Physicals can be turned in throughout the year, but need to be on file at the time of sign up for a particular sport.
To be valid for the 2019-2020 school year, a physical must be dated AFTER APRIL 15 OF 2019.
Pay to participate fees will now be collected online through Payschool. A link is posted under the pay to participate tab. The fee is $150 ($80 for reduced lunch qualifiers, $40 for free lunch qualifiers)
The Athletic Director or coach will not be collecting fees.
A reminder to parents: Novi and Northville Middle Schools have a three dollar ($3) fee to attend wrestling, volleyball, and basketball games.
The total development of the student is the focus of a responsible athletic program.
Successful programs provide for physical, mental, social, and emotional growth.
We believe that:
- The middle school age athletes are at a unique stage of development
- Development, being able to learn from experience, making choices about future sports involvement, and having a positive learning experience are important priorities
- Participation for as many youngsters as possible is desired
- The program emphasis should be directed toward skill mastery, team concepts, cooperation with peers, and the fun of involvement and fair play
- Athletics are an extension of the classroom
- The learning outcomes we seek for our athletes
- The development of confidence and poise
- Game concepts
- Learning from winning or losing
- Total effort
- Positive behavior