- Stevenson High School
Know Before You Go | Senior News 2023
Know Before You Go-Seniors 2023 (PDF)
A few friendly reminders as we approach the culmination of high school. Congratulations to ALL!
Thursday, June 1st
Senior Breakfast @ 6:45 am – North Cafeteria
- There will be grab-and-go items for students to eat.
Commencement Practice 7:25 am – SHS Comp Gym
- Practice is mandatory for any student wishing to participate in the ceremony.
- Students will receive their caps and gowns at commencement practice.
- All financial obligations (i.e., commencement fee, library fines, textbook fines, etc.) must be resolved, all textbooks and materials have been returned, and the Senior Exit Survey must be completed.
- Any problems with caps and gowns must be resolved with the representative from Jostens at the conclusion of commencement practice. Honor cords were included in Honors Night envelopes. Students who do not attend Honors Night will receive them prior to the commencement practice.
- All SHS student dress and behavior expectations still apply.
- Senior Clap Out – around 9:15 am, the Class of 2023 will don their cap and gowns for a farewell march through the Stevenson hallways. This is a closed event. No family members or guests will be invited. Seniors will be expected to leave campus at the completion of the practice / clap out.
2023 Senior Class Clap Out – SHS Triad
Buchanan 11:00 arch - 11:15 clap out
Cass 11:00 picture in front ONLY no entry in building
Coolidge 11:00 arch - 11:15 clap out
Hoover 10:45 arch - 11:00 clap out
Webster 10:30 arch - 10:45 clap out
Riley 2:00 arch - 2:15 clap out
Holmes 12:40 arch - 12:55 clap out (cars OUT of parking lot by 1:30)
Senior Sunset 7:30-9:00 pm @ SHS Athletic Field
Friday, June 2nd
Commencement Ceremony @ 7:00 pm – USA Hockey Arena
- Doors open at 5:30 pm – General admission seating. Tickets are NOT required. The "Saving" of seats is not appropriate. Please understand that it will not be possible to take individual pictures from the arena floor during the processional. Guests will not be allowed to block the view of others. Handicapped seating will be available along the top row of the seating area.
- Graduates are to report by 6:00 pm. Acceptable attire is dress pants with a collared shirt and tie, dress slacks, dresses, and appropriate dress shoes. Tennis shoes will not be permitted. Sunglasses are not to be worn. Decorations such as flowers or pins should not be worn on caps and gowns. All students must groom in a manner acceptable for a dignified occasion. Failure to comply with the dress expectations may prevent students from participating in the ceremony. All graduates will be expected to conduct themselves with dignity in the manner befitting this occasion.
- A professional photographer will be on hand to take still photos of students walking off the stage. The stage will be available for photos after the ceremony. The stage is NOT available prior.
Stage & Seating Setup:
The stage for commencement will be set up on the arena floor. Families, make sure to find out from your students which side of the arena floor they will be seated on. During graduation rehearsal, students will be informed what row they are seated in. Rows 1-11 will be to the West, and rows 12-22 will be to the East.
Graduates will receive their diploma cover as they cross the stage. Students who have successfully completed their requirements for graduation can pick up their diplomas after the ceremony. Guidance counselors will be ready to hand out student diplomas in the lower-level staging area immediately after the ceremony.
We are expecting that our audience will cooperate with us to preserve an atmosphere befitting an occasion so important to each graduate and their family. We want our graduates to look back with pride on a solemn and sentimental ceremony, not one marred by disruptive and inappropriate noises and behavior. We ask that all guests refrain from any behaviors that distract from this special and final scene for this graduating class. The decorum and dignity of this event are extremely important to our staff, graduates, their families, and friends. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding while allowing our senior class to receive the recognition they deserve. All families deserve the right to hear the names of their graduate. Individual recognition during the reading of the graduate names is inappropriate. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
As always, we remind all students to be on their best behavior during the closing weeks of school. Any behavior that is deemed inappropriate in or in a school setting may result in students losing their privilege to participate.
Senior All Night Party @ 9:30 pm - SHS
Students must arrive by 10:30 pm
We look forward to celebrating these events. Any questions may be directed to Ms. Rozman, Senior Class Advisor. email@example.com
All the best!