- Roosevelt Elementary School
Roosevelt Elementary School First Day Update
Posted by WILLIAM GREEN on 9/3/2019
Good morning Roosevelt families,
It was nice to see everyone this morning at arrival. Thank you to the Roosevelt PTA for their welcome back refreshments in the GYM. Your children are currently learning about their classroom teacher, their classmates, and how their school day will look. This is a very exciting time for them! I would anticipate afternoon naps may be in store with all this new information.
Thank you, Roosevelt families, for the care and patience that took place during arrival today. We will have many staff members out at dismissal today (12:10 p.m.) Considering it was the first day of school, we did great with our arrival procedures.
An important reminder about arrival and dismissal.
- There is no parking on curbsides in either of our parking lots. The curbsides are meant for drop off and pickup only. On Thursday we can expect more typical arrival habits, so I will begin to monitor this more closely beginning then.
As you know tomorrow (Wednesday-September 4) is going to be a full day of school. Here are some answers to a few questions/concerns you may have.
1.) My child is complaining they are tired.
- Don't worry, the staff will give them time to rest as needed and provide many breaks throughout the day. It is common for children to be tired as their bodies adjust to the new routine of school. It really doesn't take too long to build their school stamina. An early bedtime with plenty of rest will help. Try to have them stay away from the electronic devices prior to bed.
2.) Questions about k-4 lunch?
- Starting on Wednesday, plenty of staff will be in the lunchroom to assist students. Teachers will be practicing prior to lunch as well. Please make sure you visit the school district'sfood service link if you have any questions about the lunch menu, free and reduced lunch applications, etc.
3.) Questions about k-4 recess?
- Staff practiced today and will continue to do so again tomorrow. We have many adults outside at recess duty to assist children. I would encourage you to review ourbehavior expectations with your child. They can be found at Roosevelt the Tiger has many good tips for our boys and girls!
CURRICULUM NIGHT SEPTEMBER 5
As a reminder, Thursday is Curriculum Night for grades k-4. Curriculum Night is a great opportunity to hear from your child's teacher about the curriculum, understand the way their classroom will operate and build those relationships with our staff
See below for Thursday's schedule.
Curriculum Night Schedule
- Kindergarten presentation in the LMC at 5:15 p.m.
- Grade 1-2 at 6:30 p.m. in their classrooms.
- ASD Kindergarten at 6:30 p.m. in their classrooms.
- Grades 3-4 at 7:15 p.m. in their classrooms.
Curriculum Night is for adults only. Please have an adult member of your family attend. Although childcare is not provided by our staff, feel free to utilize our playground if a caretaker needs a place to watch other children.
PARENT CONNECT QUESTIONS
If you have any PARENT CONNECT questions, you can either submit a password reset on the website or contact Mrs. Pac in our school office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Our first PTA meeting will take place Wednesday, September 4 at 7:00 p.m. Please join us in the LMC to hear about the PTA news for the upcoming year.
Each morning a member of the Roosevelt PTA community will be stationed in our main lobby from 9:00-9:20 a.m. Their role is to provide support to the office for students who arrive late or deliver items that are were accidentally left at home (lunches, coats, etc.) Thank you again to the Welcome Table staff whom help to provide an orderly arrival for our Roosevelt Tigers.
Don't forget dismissal today is at 12:10 p.m. Have a wonderful day and thank you for your support!
PLEASE BE EXTRA PATIENT, SAFE, AND KIND AT ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL TIMES and PLEASE SIGN AND RETURN BOTH PINK EMERGENCY CARE CARDS!
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Livonia Public Schools prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, handicap or disability in any of its educational programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries and grievances regarding discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, height, weight, and marital status-Director of Human Resources, 15125 Farmington Road, Livonia, MI 48154 at (734) 744-2566. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries and grievances regarding discrimination based on handicap or disability-Director of Student Services, 15125 Farmington Road, Livonia, MI 48154 at (734) 744-2524.